Welcome to the first edition of the 2023-24 Mentoring Minute. The school year will be starting soon. We know that you have been thinking about that. The KMEA Mentoring Network has too, and we’re here to help! Read on for information to help you start the year right.
Get off to a strong start. Join us at the
FALL MENTORING SUMMIT!
When: Saturday, Sep. 9th, 10-11:30am
Where: This is an online event.
This event is for First- through Fifth-Year Music Educators and Student Teachers. There will be opportunities to get ideas, answer questions, make connections, and meet with others in your specialty. Please REGISTER HERE
KMEA DISTRICTS: NEW TEACHER EVENTS
By attending your KMEA District New Teacher event, you will meet people in your area, learn important District info, and connect with the KMEA Mentoring Network.
Fall District Mentoring Meetings
For Beginning Music Educators and teachers new to Kansas
- East Central District: August 29, 5:30 PM – Gardner-Edgerton HS
- Northwest District: TBD
- North Central District: August 30, 5 PM – free meal for first-year teachers, Manhattan HS
- Northeast District: Sep. 11, 5:15 PM – Lawrence HS
- Southwest District: Sep. 17, 2:00 PM – via ZOOM
- South Central District: August 26, 9:30 AM – Augusta High School
- Southeast District: August 23, 6-8:30 PM – free meal for first-year teachers, Central Park Pavillion, Chanute
WE’RE HERE FOR YOU
The KMEA State and District Mentoring Chairs are here to help and support you in any way you may need! We can provide resources, connections, ideas, or a listening ear. Please do not hesitate to contact one of us with questions, concerns, needs, or desires. We are here for you!!
Northwest District: Joey Nickols
North Central District: Colleen Rodriguez
Northeast District: Anne Neal
East Central District: Jason Sickel (Coordinator) Mentoring Team (specialties and areas)
Southwest District: Martha Saucedo
South Central District: Ron Chronister and Verlinda Stone
Southeast District: Christine Lovell
KMEA Mentoring Network Your connection to the state-level KMEA Mentoring Program.
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Please help us stay in touch with our new Kansas Music Educators. We are looking for
- first- through fifth-year music teachers
- student teachers
- anyone in the Mentoring Network who has changed schools
- teachers new to a discipline (like a band teacher now teaching choir)
so that they are aware of the support the KMEA Mentoring Network has to offer this year. If you know of someone who is in any of these categories, we urge you to contact a Mentoring Chair or invite them to fill out the KMEA Mentoring Program contact form.
Sign up for The Mentoring Minute Newsletter
We would love to contact you via your email. We encourage you to go to the CONTACT FORM and send us an address to be added to the newsletter.